What Will I Learn?
- Understand the entire process of installing Magento with and without sample data
- Categorize and create product types to organize your store’s inventory
- Enhance your product pages with descriptions, images, and inventory information
- Use tax and shipping rules along with payment gateway integration to generate revenue, and understand the order process to manage and ship your sales
- Set up your store with a deep understanding of the available options and menu layouts
Magento 2 is not just the next version of Magento 1, it is a completely new framework. It introduces a bunch of new libraries and approaches, with more opportunities to implement functionality better. In order to improve modularity, flexibility, and extensibility Magento 2 had to become a bit more complicated than Magento 1. That’s why, unfortunately, some of the new approaches in Magento 2 are just not explicit enough. This course explains how the most important parts of the framework are implemented, how they work, and how they can be used. It explores module implementation and core functionality customization, demonstrating Magento 2 development patterns and approaches. Finally, the course is not just about functionality implementation, it shares the best practices for managing Magento 2 applications as a whole. The course is intended to cover the most valuable information you need to know as a Magento 2 developer.
- No previous experience in Magento framework required
- It’s structured and paced for beginners and covers the essentials they need to get started. Beginning with the very basics of installation, this course covers everything necessary to set up a basic store, with flexible functionality.
About The Author
Sergii Ivashchenko has been working in a Magento team for more than four years. He took part in the development of both the Magento 1 and Magento 2 frameworks and participated in the implementation of the Magento Testing Framework. For several years, Sergii has been systemizing and sharing his knowledge of the framework and core modules by contributing to official and non-official Magento 2 documentation and development resources, and talking at Magento events and meetups. Currently, Sergii is working on the implementation of e-commerce websites via Magento 2, developing extensions and integrations, managing infrastructure, continuous integration, deployment, and continuous performance optimization. Sergii also consults with and trains Magento 1 developers to develop successfully, efficiently, and comfortably on the Magento 2 platform.